Doing Good+ From Home
What We Do
Raising happy, healthy, and safe children requires a lot of resources: time, money, goods. For parents in need, it can be extremely difficult. Good+Foundation is helping families in NYC and LA by pairing much needed baby items with classes and training to help them achieve economic security and reach their goals.
Did You Know?
- Families need an income twice the current federal poverty level ($26,200 for a family of four) to meet basic needs.
- One of every five children lives below the poverty threshold in the United States.
- More people live below the poverty line in California than any other state, with the high- est rate in Los Angeles County.
- Unemployment in NewYork City was 20 percent in July 2020, 7.5 times the rate in the same period one year prior.
- Of the families receiving Good+ donations, 93 percent live on low incomes, 78 percent live below the poverty line, 42 percent face inadequate or unstable housing situations, and 35 percent experience food insecurity.
- The cost of just 1 pack of diapers is the equivalent to 2 hours of work at minimum wage.
- On average, a baby can go through between 2,000 and 2,200 diapers in their first year.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, over 90% of Good+ families had lost their jobs and their main sources of income.
After paying for food and rent, essential child care items can be out of reach for many families.
When diapers and other baby and children’s items are provided by Good+, parents can focus on other parenting tasks and build the skills necessary to help their families achieve greater financial stability.
How Can You Help?
Doing Good+ From Home
Volunteers are essential to Good+Foundation’s work and help us distribute critical items to families in a timely manner. Participate in a variety of projects that you can easily do from home. Each project has individual instructions and supply lists. These items will help us fill a critical need for Good+ families when they need them most.
Please see instructions for each project below:
- No-Sew Blanket Project
- Learn to Knit Project
- Yarn-Crafted Gift Project: Skills-Based
- School Supply Kits
- Baby Bath Kits
- Health + Hygiene Kits